Monday, December 30, 2013

Soy vs. Sweet'n'sour Pineapple Chicken

Christmas Dinner!!!


Christmas Dinner started with lots of Chicken and a few cans of crushed pineapple.

Above is part one. I put half a can of the crushed pineapple in each pan, then about a quarter cup of soy sauce in the pan on the right and a half cup of sweet'n'sour in the pan on the right. Mixed it all up and then put the chicken in. I diced up some thawed chicken. Put covers on the pans, and let it sit in the fridge overnight to soak up the goodness :). 


Coming out of the oven; soy on the right, sweet'n'sour on the left. 

It smelled absolutely amazing! I used about a pound and a half of chicken in each pan. My very amazing boyfriend also made his chicken. He does what he calls brown chicken. I'm pretty sure there's catsup in his. I didn't picture his because we eat that every week so it didn't seem as exciting at the time. I'll have to chronicle that sometime... 




And the after, on a very cute snowman plate. Again, soy on the right and the sweet'n'sour on the left on the same plate over the rice. The pineapple was a nice addition. It was subtle enough that even if you're not a fan of pineapple, you'd probably still like this quite a bit. 

And what did my family say??? Soy or Sweet'n'sour???

They loved LOVED the Sweet'N'Sour  Pineapple Chicken best. 

It will be an addition to our more routine meals :). I'm glad I tried something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment