Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pole Fitness


I have a fitness pole in my house (pictured above).

Pole dancing and pole fitness are not just for mens clubs.

There's a whole world of pole fitness. There are competitions (men and womens) and fitness facilities. We have an amazing pole fitness studio near where I live.

I'm not sure how I initially got interested in trying pole fitness. Maybe it was the idea of it. It looks neat. Look up some pole videos, it's amazing the moves those people can do! Pole is awesome for overall fitness. Strength... arms, abs, legs, everything. And it also gets your heart going. It gives you a great cardio workout at the same time.

I have this pole in my formal living room. I have no other furniture in there (besides a piano and currently a Christmas tree). When people walk in my home this is one of the first things they see. People who know me well know it takes a lot for me to be embarrassed. And I am NOT embarrassed that I love to dance using this pole. When people come over I'm more than happy to show a move or two if they're curious.

And I'm glad to have people come over and use it themselves if they want, which is exactly what happened this Christmas! My brother in law... OMG!!! Who knew he had those moves? He was able to do a couple awesome inverted moves, while wearing pants!! If you've done pole, you know that skin to pole contact is extremely helpful. He wasn't able to let go with both hands because of the pants (and he did refuse to take them off). I'm certain if he would have had good skin to pole contact with the legs he would have been able to go hands free no problem.

Even the kids had a great time spinning on the pole. And even Grandpa -my 60 year old dad- got a good spin in too! He did a pretty good fireman!

One hell of a Christmas was had at my place :).

No comments:

Post a Comment