Saturday, April 14, 2018

Living the Life!

If you live in Northeast Wisconsin, or well really anywhere in Wisconsin, you might just be homebound for the entire weekend. We get a ton of snow some years. We're all used to driving in this. So why are there so many cars in the ditch! We got a foot of snow at least today. And tonight we're supposed to get another foot to foot and a half of snow. My only hope for tomorrow is that whatever caused my snowblower to stop working today is better by tomorrow! I think the gearcase got too much ice around it. Hoping that's all it is because I don't want to replace that and wont be able to do it if I have a foot of snow in my driveway preventing me from getting to the hardware store. Before getting it going in the first place I had to fix the starter rope. It broke off the handle and apparently I'm the only person who knows how to fix it. I showed the little guy how so maybe by the time he's five he'll be fixing things for me.

With all the snow I wanted to go sledding but I was overruled by a four year old. We stayed in and watched Prince of Persia after the first round of snowblowing and shoveling and then watched the first Harry Potter after the second round of snowblowing and more shoveling and a very very long nap for my two boys. One of my boys has a bit more hair than the other! No room left for me on the couch.

Tomorrow, more snow. More board games. Keeping a four year old entertained indoors isn't easy. Though he did ride his bike in the driveway today! Only my child would think a blizzard is a great time to get out his bike.

There are lots of things on my to do list for the house. Some of that can get done tomorrow too. Small repairs, patching up some nail holes, and painting a couple areas. I debate whether to sell the house this year. I love my home and realize I always have. I love my bedroom, how I have it decorated and painted. I love this room and the layout of my house. I would really like another colonial style home. But a single mom with only one child left at home has little use for a colonial style home with so much room. I've been looking at duplexes in the area my family lives in. I think it's likely I'll buy one of those for the short term and live on one side and rent out the other. Then someday maybe I'll rent out both sides. And if I don't have a tenant, well a duplex isn't more than what I currently pay so I know I will be fine financially. Emotionally though. It's going to be difficult.


No comments:

Post a Comment